Saturday, June 7, 2008

What I've been doing / FO's

I figured that since I took photo's of these I should blog about them.

A month or so ago I made a red velveteen cloak for a costume, the pieces were so wide I couldn't use my sewing table to put them together so while hubby was at work I used the dining table. It worked out really well with black lining and lace trimming. I'll eventually get a photo of me wearing it. The pattern is Simplicity 4947, technically it's the cream one but I didn't put the fur on it, instead brought the lace around the hood. It's really warm and easy to put on and off.

Our desk is finished and all the 2 computers (yep I got a new one finally) are up and running. This is my computer when it arrived...


and our desk when it was finished.

I will be working on another robe/cloak for a friend of mine this weekend. It's going to be in monk brown because he needs a costume for a crazy monk. So that's going to be fun, I think I will be cutting this one out on the floor. The hood needs to be big enough to cover most of his face and the arms not quite so "wizardly" as he termed it. So should be a good weekend of sewing for me.

Ive also been doing some spinning yesterday and today, about 20 min per go or my back gets a little sore. I'm getting better at keeping it consistent but still cant join the pieces of roving very well.

Last but by no means least, baby Alexandra. I told you she was cute!

No comments: